MHA offers counseling services for uninsured and underinsured individuals ages 8 and older, families, groups, and couples in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus Counties. We have two mental health counseling programs, the free MHA Counseling Center and the Short-Term Counseling Program.
If you have insurance, you can find local licensed mental health professionals on our provider directory.
The free MHA Counseling Center: Where Mental Health Matters, offers no-cost counseling and aims to serve uninsured or underinsured individuals in Mecklenburg County. Services are provided by graduate students under the supervision of a licensed Clinical Director. In-person and telehealth options are available.
The Counseling Center provides services from January-April and September-December each year, with limited availability in the summer months and winter holiday season.
The Counseling Center is located at 3701 Latrobe Dr, Suite 140, Charlotte, NC 28211, and offers counseling sessions between the hours of 9:00-4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Call 704-565-3315 to set up an appointment at the Counseling Center.
- Clinical Director: Megan Bryant, MS, LCMHC, LCAS-A at email@example.com
- Mental Health Navigator & Support Specialist: Mariel Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org
MHA is grateful to Mecklenburg County for ARPA funding to renovate a Charlotte office space to become a free MHA Counseling Center at 3701 Latrobe Dr, Suite 140, Charlotte, NC 28211.
- Call 704-565-3315 to set up an appointment with the short-term counseling program.
- Mental Health Navigator & Support Specialist: Mariel Vasquez at email@example.com.
Free Counseling services made possible by
Not sure what’s right for you?
Contact our professional Mental Health Navigator, Mariel Vasquez at 704-365-3454, who can discuss your needs and help you decide which program may be the best fit for you.