Licensed, certified mental health professionals with current liability insurance are invited to become MHA professional members. MHA Members are promoted through our online Mental Health Provider Directory. Being an MHA member links you to the oldest and largest nonprofit organization in North Carolina solely dedicated to promoting mental wellness through advocacy, education, and prevention.
- Increased visibility for your practice – with a current awareness campaign, “My Mental Health Matters. And So Does Yours,” MHA’s website traffic has increased 200%.
- Association with a well respected network of advocates and mental health professionals
- Free Admission to annual networking groups for mental health professionals
- Increased awareness of educational opportunities for Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- Access to information in the mental health field through newsletters, advocacy alerts, and reports from Mental Health America, our national affiliate
- Membership fee is partially tax-deductible as a donation
- Special opportunity to promote practice at MHA’s monthly Coffee & Conversation
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert as a guest on “MHA’s Shot of Espresso Wellness Breaks,” virtual 30 minute presentation on self-care or wellness strategies.
- Opportunity for media interviews, if desired
- Partner with MHA to provide short-term counseling to youth/adults who can’t afford it; MHA will pay your hourly rates.
- Make referrals to the new free MHA Counseling Center: Where Mental Health Matters, for Mecklenburg residents who are uninsured or underinsured.
Annual membership period corresponds to MHA’s fiscal year of July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024:
- Individual – $100
- Group – $250
Group Members: If individual practitioners within a group practice also wish to have an individual listing, they can receive a 50% discount. Thus individual membership for professionals who are part of a group membership is $50/year.
The membership application is now available in an online form. Please complete the application online by clicking here or contact Andrea Towner with questions at