Communities of Color
Find Related Resources
MHA LINKS FOR BIPOC COMMUNITIES
- Mental Health Resources for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
- Racial Trauma
- Racism and Mental Health
- Bipolar and Black Americans
- Depression in Black Americans
- Mental Health America National – Reimagining Self-care for Black Folks
- MHA’s Latinx/Hispanic Communities and Mental Health + Complete list of Spanish Language Materials
- MHA’s Asian American/Pacific Islander Communities And Mental Health
- Native And Indigenous Communities And Mental Health
A collective of advocates, yoga teachers, artists, therapists, lawyers, religious leaders, teachers, psychologists and activists committed to the emotional/mental health and healing of Black communities.
Therapist directory centered on the needs of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, honoring the full neurodiversity spectrum and advocating for mental health care accessibility for people with disabilities/ disabled people.
An organization dedicated to advancing the mental health and wellbeing of Asian American communities through research, professional practice, education, and policy.
Planning programs, services, training, and advocacy.
An organization working to break the stigma of mental health related to the Latinx community; learn self-help techniques, how to support self & others.
A healing justice organization committed to transforming mental health for queer and trans people of color (QTPoC).
An online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls.
Of 200+ therapist throughout the fifty states, we are here to provide judgment-free, multiculturally-competent care to Black men.
Therapy resources for the Latinx community.
A group of psychologists, professional counselors, social workers, and administrative specialists who provide quality mental healthcare exclusively to queer and trans people of color.
Reading and Videos
Self-care, mental health and inspirational articles written by Latina Therapist
MHA has 10+ screening tools available in English and provides screens for depression and anxiety in Spanish.
Tools 2 Thrive
MHA’s Tools 2 Thrive materials provide practical tools (tips and worksheets) that everyone can use to improve their mental health and increase resiliency.
- Tools2Thrive toolkit in English
- Tools2Thrive toolkit in Spanish
- Project Let’s Resources on Race & Mental Health
- Racial Trauma Toolkit
- Black Muslim Community Trauma Toolkit
- Self-Care Toolkit for Undocumented Communities
- The Brown Girl Therapy Newsletter
- Therapy for Black Girls Thrive Tribe Facebook Group
- We R Native
BIPOC/AAPI Mental Health Resources
- The Asian Mental Health Project: Aims to educate and empower Asian communities seeking mental healthcare.
- 50 AAPI Anti-Racism and Mental Health Resources
- Black Lives Matter Meditations: Guided meditation directed toward healing racial trauma.
- Black Men Heal: Limited and selective free mental health service opportunities for Black men.
- Black Mental Health Alliance – (410) 338-2642: Provides information and resources and a “Find a Therapist” locator to connect with a culturally competent mental health professional.
- Black Mental Wellness: Provides access to evidence-based information and resources about mental health and behavioral health topics from a Black perspective, as well as training opportunities for students and professionals.
- Black Women’s Health Imperative: Organization advancing health equity and social justice for Black women through policy, advocacy, education, research and leadership development.
- Dear Black Women Project: An affirmation movement for Black women by Black women – includes affirmations, resources, therapist connection, and events.
- Ebony’s Mental Health Resources by State: List of Black-owned and focused mental health resources by state as compiled by Ebony magazine.
- Liberate Meditation: An app created by BIPOC folks for BIPOC community
- The Loveland Foundation: Prioritizes opportunity, action, validation, and healing for communities of color with a particular focus on Black girls and women. Includes a therapy fund to provide assistance to Black women and girls seeking therapy nationally.
- Melanin and Mental Health: Connects individuals with culturally competent clinicians committed to serving the mental health needs of Black & Latinx/Hispanic communities. Promotes the growth and healing of diverse communities through its website, online directory, and events.
- Ourselves Black: Provides information on promoting mental health and developing positive coping mechanisms through a podcast, online magazine and online discussion groups.
- POC Online Classroom: Contains readings on the importance of self-care, mental health care, and healing for people of color and within activist movements.
- Sista Afya: Organization that provides mental wellness education, resource connection and community support for Black women.
- The SIWE Project: Non-profit dedicated to promoting mental health awareness throughout the global Black community.
- Unapologetically Us: Online community for Black women to seek support.